CPM grants Temporary registration to physiotherapists who come to Manitoba from another jurisdiction to provide physiotherapy service to the public in Manitoba for a specific purpose and for a limited time period. These circumstances include:
- Participation in a sporting event as a physiotherapist who is practising on the public
- Teaching or attending a physiotherapy-related course in which members of the public are used for demonstration purposes
Physiotherapists seeking Temporary registration are expected to register with CPM in advance of arrival.
In order to register on the Temporary Roster, please complete the following steps:
TASK 1. APPLICATION FORM
Complete the Temporary Registration Form (PDF) to apply for registration.
TASK 2. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Gather your required documents:
A) Membership in Good Standing Form
Submit a Membership in Good Standing Form from the last College(s) in which you were registered.
B) Professional Liability Insurance
You require a minimum of $5 million in Professional Liability Insurance (also known as Errors and Omissions Insurance). You must provide confirmation of your insurance coverage, such as a certificate of insurance.
C) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector (only applicable to individuals practicing outside of an educational setting)
Complete a Criminal Record Check, with vulnerable sector, and submit the original certificate to CPM. CPM will photocopy the certificate and return it to you by mail. The Criminal Record Check must not be older than 6 months.
TASK 3. REGISTRATION FEE
Pay the roster fee of $100.00. If you have not held registration in Manitoba previously, you will be required to pay an initial processing fee of $100.00 additional to the roster fee.
You may pay by:
- Cash (in person)
- Credit card (by phone or in person)
- Cheque (by mail or in person). Please make cheques payable to College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba
TASK 5. DELIVERY
Mail, fax, email or hand-deliver your registration documents and fee to:
College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba (CPM)
1465A Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2C5
Phone: (204) 287-8502
Fax: (204) 474-2506
CPM will take up 5-7 business days to process your application. CPM will send you the following by mail:
- A receipt for your registration fee
- A decision letter that confirms that you have been registered for Active Practice
- A CPM membership card
- Return any original documentation you have provided (i.e. criminal record check etc.,).
Per section 9 of the Physiotherapists Regulations