Registration on the Temporary Register is available to physiotherapists currently registered in another jurisdiction requiring temporary registration in Manitoba for the following purposes:
- To conduct a training course or clinical presentation related to the practice of physiotherapy. This includes but is not limited to demonstration involving direct contact with participants or the public
- To demonstrate equipment or techniques to be used in clinical care related to the practice of physiotherapy.
- To participate in a training course related to the practice of physiotherapy.
- To conduct or engage in a research program related to the practice of physiotherapy
- Providing professional services directly to the public:
- At a sporting event (physiotherapists traveling with a group (e.g sports team) and providing services only to that contingent do not need to be registered).
- During a major public health event (eg., pandemic)
In order to register on the Temporary Register, please complete the following steps:
TASK 1. APPLICATION FORM
Complete the Temporary Registration Form (PDF) to apply for registration.
TASK 2. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Gather your required documents:
A) MEMBERSHIP IN GOOD STANDING OR REGULATORY REFERENCE FORM
Submit a Membership in Good Standing Form (also known as a Regulatory Reference Form) from the last College(s) in which you were/are registered. CPM must receive the original document.
B) PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE
You require a minimum of $5 million in Professional Liability Insurance (also known as Errors and Omissions Insurance). You must provide confirmation of your insurance coverage, such as a certificate of insurance.
C) CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK WITH VULNERABLE SECTOR (only applicable to individuals practicing outside of an educational setting)
Submit the original criminal record check document with your registration package. The CRC must be no older than 6 months from the date of issue. The original CRC will be returned to you.
TASK 3. REGISTRATION FEE
Pay the fee of $100.00.
You may pay by:
- Cash (in person, by appointment)
- Credit card (by phone or in person, by appointment)
- Cheque (by mail or in person, by appointment). Please make cheques payable to College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba
TASK 4. SUBMITTING YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Email documents to email@example.com OR
- Fax documents to 204-474-2506 OR
- Mail or hand-deliver (office open by appointment only) all required documents and application fee to:
College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba (CPM)
1465A Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2C5
Phone: (204) 287-8502
CPM will take up 5-7 business days to process your application. CPM will send you the following by email:
- A decision letter that confirms that you have been registered for Temporary Practice
- A Certificate of Temporary Registration and a Receipt for Registration Fees
Per section 9 of the Physiotherapists Regulations