Step 5: Active Practice from Exam Candidate Status
To register for Active Practice with the College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba (CPM), you must complete the following 5 tasks within 30 days of the release of your Clinical Component exam results. If you were successful in completing the Clinical Component you may apply for registration as an Active Registrant. If you were unsuccessful in completing the Clinical Component, please contact CPM for further instructions.
TASK 1: CONTACT CPM
Inform CPM that you have passed the Clinical Component. You may do this by phone or in person.
At this time, CPM will:
- Direct you to the Active Practice Registration Form which can be found here.
- Inform you of the cost of your registration fee. The annual fee is $735 (2018). CPM will base your fee on your date of registration (fee will be prorated after August 1)
TASK 2: EXAM CONFIRMATION
Submit a Verification Request Form through the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators (CAPR).
TASK 3: REGISTRATION FEE
Pay your registration fee (fee amount provided by CPM during TASK 1. CONTACT CPM).
You may pay by:
- Cash (in person)
- Credit card (by phone or in person)
- Cheque (by mail or in person). Please make cheques payable to College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba
TASK 4: DELIVERY
Mail, Email, or hand-deliver your application for the Active Practice Roster and registration fee to:
College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba (CPM)
1465A Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2C5
Phone: (204) 287-8502
CPM will take up to 5-7 business days to process your application. CPM will send you the following by mail:
- A receipt for your registration fee
- A decision letter that confirms that you have been registered for Active Practice
- A CPM membership card