Step 3: Exam Candidate
You must complete these 4 tasks to become registered as an Exam Candidate with the College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba (CPM):
TASK 1: APPLICATION FORM
Complete the Application for Registration Form (PDF) to apply for registration as an Exam Candidate
TASK 2: REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Gather your required documents:
a) Complete a Verification Request Form with the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators (CAPR). This document will verify completion of the Written Component (PCE).
Submit a copy of your Diploma, Baccalaureate, Master’s, or Doctorate degree in physiotherapy.
c) Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
Submit the original criminal record check document with your registration package. The CRC must be no older than 6 months from the date of issue. The original CRC will be returned to you.
d) Letter of Offer
Submit the original Letter of Offer of Employment provided to you by your employer. This letter should include your start date and whether you will be working part-time or full-time.
e) Supervised Practice Agreement
Submit the original Supervised Practice Agreement signed by you and your Supervisor.
Ways to Acquire Insurance Coverage
- Become a member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) to access BMS Insurance
- Visit an insurance agency
- Visit Sinclair Cockburn Financial Group for information on the national insurance program PhysioSure
- Visit Trisura for Professional Liability Insurance
f) Professional Liability Insurance Coverage
You require a minimum of $5 million in Professional Liability Insurance (also known as Errors and Omissions Insurance). You must provide confirmation of your insurance coverage, such as a certificate of insurance or confirmation stated in your Letter of Offer.
IF YOU HAVE NOT SECURED EMPLOYMENT AND/OR A SUPERVISOR:
Submit these required documents to CPM:
a) Verification Request Form
b) Criminal Record Check
Within 3 months, you must begin employment and/or secure a Supervisor and submit your outstanding required documents to CPM:
c) Letter of Offer
d) Professional Liability Insurance Coverage
e) Supervised Practice Agreement
If you do NOT begin work and/or secure a Supervisor in three months, you must re-apply for registration as an Exam Candidate.
TASK 3: APPLICATION FEE(S)
Pay your first-time registrant fee of $100 if applicable
Pay your Exam Candidate registration fee of $598.69 or $299.35 prorated* (2022)
*Your registration fee is prorated if you register after August 1.
You may pay by:
- Cash (in person, by appointment)
- Credit card (by phone or in person, by appointment)
- Cheque (by mail or in person, by appointment). Please make cheques payable to College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba
TASK 4: SUBMITTING YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Fax documents to 204-474-2506 OR
- Mail or hand-deliver (office open by appointment only) all required documents and application fee to:
College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba (CPM)
1465A Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2C5
Phone: (204) 287-8502
CPM will take up to 5-7 business days to process your application. CPM will send you the following by email:
a) If you have secured employment and a Supervisor you will receive:
- A decision letter that confirms that you have been registered as an Exam Candidate
- Instructions for printing your Certificate of Registration and Receipt for Registration Fees
Provide potential employers with a copy of your Letter of Eligibility. The letter may help you secure employment.
b) If you have NOT secured employment and/or a Supervisor you will receive:
- A Letter of Eligibility that explains that you will become registered upon receipt of your outstanding required documents:
- Letter of Offer
- Confirmation of Insurance
- Supervised Practice Agreement
- Registration Fee