The College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba adopted the Supervised Practice Program for:
- New Canadian graduates
- All Internationally Educated Physiotherapists (IEPs)
- Re-entry Candidates
Clinical supervision is a formal process of professional support and learning which enables individual practitioners to develop knowledge and competence, assume responsibility for their own practice and enhance consumer protection and the safety of care in complex clinical situations.
Supervised Practice ends when the Exam Candidate successfully completes the Clinical Component.
- To provide the candidate with the opportunity to continue learning prior to the Clinical Evaluation
- To facilitate a greater understanding of safety and ethical issues in physiotherapy practice.
- To increase the candidate’s confidence in their clinical practice.
- To promote effective communication between patients, colleagues and members of the heath care team.
- To facilitate networking within the profession.
- To provide the candidate with ongoing evaluation.
- To assist the candidate to adapt to current Canadian physiotherapy practice.
This publication is available in alternate formats on request.