If you would like to access the RHPA Module, or submit your learning goals or accomplishment statements, please click here
The Regulated Health Professions Act requires all regulatory bodies including the College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba (CPM) to establish and maintain a continuing competency program to promote high practice standards among registrants. Continuing competence requires that the health professionals demonstrate to their respective Colleges that they maintain and enhance their ability to practice.
Physiotherapists in Manitoba have always engaged in continuing professional development activities. In order to support their efforts, the Continuing Competency Committee has designed a user-friendly program that is relevant to all, and has the flexibility to adapt to various workplace environments.
The Continuing Competency Program has been designed to provide the physiotherapist with the tools to demonstrate the maintenance of competence and enhancement of practice. It consists of three components.
- Designed to promote self-assessment, professional accountability and reflection
- All members will be required to develop and maintain a Professional Portfolio
- All members will be required to complete 2 Learning Plan Goals on a yearly basis followed by a guided reflection on their accomplishments the year after
- Randomly selected members will be required to make submissions for peer review
- Designed to allow registrants to demonstrate competence while providing a positive learning experience
- A pilot is anticipated for the Fall of 2016, please contact CPM if you would like to volunteer.
- Designed to support registrants in clinical practice as identified through the Practice Audit process
- Details are currently under development
Once the program is fully implemented, a final report will be provided to the Registrar and the results will be reported to the Minister of Health, the Minister of Wellness, the Office of the Fairness Commissioner, the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority along with various licensing bodies, as well as CPM’s Annual General Report.
This publication is available in alternate formats on request.
If you are ready to submit either your learning goals or accomplishment statements click here