College Selected Activity
While the College recognizes that physiotherapists are self-directed, motivated adult learners who do continually look to maintain and improve their competence, the importance of ensuring a profession-wide dissemination of new information and understanding of topics is in our best interests as a profession.
In an effort to meet the goal of a wide dissemination of information, CPM Council agreed to making participation in some continuing education mandatory for both the renewal or conversion of licenses for existing registrants, as well as for the licensing of new registrants of the College. The name “College Selected Activity” was chosen to encompass the topics of jurisprudence, ethical decision making, and other topics based on professional and public interest issues. In January 2020, Council passed a motion that required physiotherapists to complete the Manitoba Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) jurisprudence module as the College Selected Activity for Active registration in 2021. In 2022, the chosen College Selected Activity was the Pause Before You Post: Social Media Awareness learning module.
As we approach the 2023 registration year, the College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba has launched the next College Selected Activity on the Members’ Only Portal of the CPM website. This learning module, titled Health Equity and Cultural Humility, will enhance awareness and understanding of health inequities, with the intent of improving the delivery of care across many patient populations. The module clarifies professional expectations for addressing disparities in health equity through equity-oriented practice.
The completion of this College Selected Activity is a requirement for all physiotherapists renewing their license to practice on the Active Practice Register in 2023 OR converting to the Active Practice Register in 2023. The deadline to complete this module is February 28, 2023.
What do I need to complete this module?
- Access to a computer, tablet or mobile device that has a stable internet connection.
- Access to one of the following web browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Apple’s Safari. It is not recommended viewing the module on Internet Explorer as this browser is no longer supported.
- Approximately 1-2 hours, however the module does not need to be completed in one sitting.
- Can we watch the module as a group?
No, the login is linked directly to one registrant, and each registrant on the Active Practice Register must show either their Certificate of Completion or the site tracking must show as complete.
- I had issues with the learning module last year, will I encounter the same issues this year?
No, at least we hope not. CPM worked with a new website developer, prioritizing the correction of issues that registrants experienced last year. However, technology can be unpredictable. If you encounter any issues with the website, you can contact our office by email or telephone.
- Do I still need to use my CCP number to login?
No, CPM has converted the login to your primary email address that you have on file. You will no longer need your CCP number to access any of CPM’s websites.
To access the Health Equity and Cultural Humility learning module:
- Go to https://cpmportal.manitobaphysio.com/ (Professional Development field)
- If you no longer remember your password, please use the “Lost Your Password?” feature listed within the Professional Development field. Click on this link and enter your email address.
- You will receive an email with a link which will allow you to set a new password. Please follow the instructions within this email to set your new password and login to the website.
- Under College Selected Activity, select Health Equity.
Remember to print or take a screenshot of your Certificate of Completion. If you do not have access to a printer or unsure how to take a screenshot, you can snap a photo of your certificate with your mobile device.
- Ensure your browser is up to date.
- Turn off tracking permissions.
- Disable pop up blockers.
For further details please see the College Selected Activity Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).