Step 3: Employment Under Supervision
Once you pass the Written Component of the PCE you are eligible to register as an Exam Candidate (STEP 4) with CPM. Ideally, you will complete the following tasks before you proceed to STEP 4:
TASK 1: SECURE EMPLOYMENT
Contact an employer and tell them you want to register with CPM and that you need to work under supervision. This means that a supervisor must:
- Assign clients to you that you are competent to treat
- Oversee your work to ensure that you are practicing correctly
- Provide you with feedback and written performance evaluations of you work
You can ask the employer if he or she is willing to review your resume or interview you for employment. When you are employed, your supervisor must be registered for Active Practice with CPM. You must complete STEP 4 (register as an Exam Candidate) before you begin your job.
TASK 2: LETTER OF OFFER
Ask your employer to write a Letter of Offer, which includes:
- Your place of employment
- A statement that you will begin employment once you become registered as an Exam Candidate
- The date you will begin employment
- If applicable, confirmation that your employer will provide you with a minimum of $5 million in Professional Liability Insurance coverage (also known as Errors and Omissions Insurance)
You must submit the Letter of Offer to CPM when you complete STEP 4.
TASK 3: SUPERVISED PRACTICE AGREEMENT
You and your supervisor must complete and sign the following document: Supervised Practice Agreement (PDF)
You must submit the Supervised Practice Agreement to CPM when you complete STEP 4.
You may proceed to STEP 4 and apply for registration before you secure employment. However, once you apply for registration, you will have only 3 months to begin employment and produce the related documents.