Task 4: English Language

important_iconComplete this task before you begin the registration process.


You must be proficient in English or French to become registered with CPM and to be ready to enter practice. Take advantage of the Government of Canada’s online resources to help you practice your English from your home computer:

Resources of the Language Portal of Canada

Free English Language Test and Classes

A free English language test and English language classes are available for all permanent residents through funding from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). The test is called the Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBPT). The test is provided by the Winnipeg English Language Assessment and Referral Centre (WELARC) for placement into English language classes.

Contact WELARC if you are interested in taking English classes to improve your communication skills.

If you are curious about your Canadian Language Benchmark levels, there is an online self-assessment at which will give you a range of scores in listening and reading. If you then decide that you want or need to improve your English skills, you can contact WELARC for an assessment and referral appointment.

400-275 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Phone: 204.943.5387

important_iconYou will learn more about language requirements as you read through the Registration section of this website.