The province announced on Wednesday, October 6, 2021 that they have expanded eligibility criteria for a third dose of a Covid-19. You can view the announcement here. A 3rd dose of the vaccine is available to the following population:
- individuals who have only received a viral vector vaccine, such as two doses of AstraZeneca, or a single dose of Janssen (NEW, Oct. 6, 2021);
- health care personnel who have direct contact with patients, residents or clients (NEW, Oct. 6, 2021);
- people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised due to a medical condition and/or treatment;
- people who require a third dose to meet travel requirements at their destination, or
- individuals who have received one or two doses of a vaccine that is not approved by Health Canada.
- residents of all personal care homes; and
- residents and staff of First Nation personal care homes.
The timing of the third dose is generally at least 28 days after the last dose received. However, it is health care workers and people who have received only viral vector vaccines receive their next dose after a minimum of six months.
Please visit https://protectmb.ca/making-your-appointment-is-easy/ for information and if you are eligible, to book your appointment.
Stay safe, stay healthy